Monday, August 15, 2011

Warm Fuzzies.

What to do when I post 40 jars of handed-me-down baby food meat in little, watery jars (for Booker: I have a policy that I won't feed him anything I wouldn't eat. Except breast milk. I won't eat that.) to Freecycle, and I get two people who could "really use it"? Here's the actual text: you be the judge:

Freecycler 1: "I really need them there's a lot of single moms at church and they have small children if you can hold them for tomorrow morning I can go and pick them up."

Convincing. And...

Freecycler 2: "I would like to ask for your consideration - this is not for myself but for a friend who has a cat with cancer and the only way she can get the cat to take the medication is to put it in meat baby food. If you are willing to let me take it for this purpose, I am sure she will be most grateful."

Final decision: I split it. Single moms get 25 jars, and the cat with cancer will get 15. Lucky cat. I earned my warm fuzzy for the day.

No comments: