Friday, November 28, 2008

There comes a time...

A new duo's first blog post is monumental. Consider this our quinceanera... bar mitzvah...our first tattoo. In contemplating what might go into this first episode of our new epic, we considered the time of year: elections just passed, America's Ba-rockin', and Thanksgiving just came and went. Now is a time to proudly wear our red, white, and blue, and give you a little taste of our all-American side. Perhaps some photos of our homemade cranberry sauce or whole-wheat bread? Maybe even the serious kitchen appliances that made that possible? or how about Josh's Ameri-manliness as he participated in a Turkey Bowl. The best idea, however, came today: Black Friday. To celebrate this time-honored American tradition, we planned a trip to a local department store to find and wistfully wear some all-American matching sweaters. What an idea. How appropriate. However, we were a little disenchanted while eavesdropping in the checkout line at the Ream's on Center: Wal-mart employee trampled and killed in the early shopping frenzy to get the best deals.

We didn't make the conscious decision NOT to go to the store--we just didn't. I suppose that after hearing about people dying in Mombai, and others held hostage...the deaths over toys for little and big kids alike made us want to go to our little swirley-colored-carpet basement to eat leftovers of our "we're-all-just-so-grateful-for-what-we-have" turkey. Bless that bird. Bless the pilgrims. Bless Squanto. And surely, bless all of you.


6 comments:

G-ma said...

My, but Josh grew log curly hair!
While Christy was here with Scott & Blaise, we hiked, ate, hiked, and watched old home movies including those of baby Jessica. What fun we had.

Unknown said...

Hello Josh and Jess. I enjoyed your new blog very much. I was hoping to be the first to follow your blog, as that is what the little note on the side said when I got onto your blog site! But someone already beat me to it! I thought both of you were too young to wear matching clothes already. I am just joking! That was a funny blog Jess, so keep the creative juices flowing. When I first saw that picture, I thought you two had plastic surgery done! Take care and love Chris.

Anonymous said...

I love what you've done to your hair!

Rocky said...

Through the clever anecdotes and the mild silliness, I sense a thread of great things to come in this "Matching Sweaters" commentary on the world.

Elder John Downs said...

My, my that's amazing how fast two people's appearances can change just from being married! Fortunately that means if mom and I get a blog going it will make us look younger!

We look forward to many more viewings of your blog. See ya. Dad.

Lorraine said...

So happy to see your blog and to be posted on the haps of the matching sweater duo.